Protecting your convertible soft tops from cruel weather conditions
There is something nice about driving, especially when the wind flows over you making feel more in touch with the road and landscape. Compared to the other types, a convertible is said to give that you breezy feel internally and externally. In fact they are one of thebetter picks for those who would like to give a new look to the car. Capturing that open feeling it maintains some of the most practicality of conventional hard-top cars by using roofs that are easily raised and lowered.
Fixing of Convertible soft tops is not as simple as just cutting off the roof and installing a folding cloth top however, there are other issues to consider. Likewise the protection of it from extreme weather conditions is a must in order to give the impression of new-fangled look. The following tips on its maintenance will help your convertible top stay good for a longer period of time.
- Initially, settle on the types of convertible top i.e. whether it is fabric (i.e. canvas) or vinyl. Different care should be given to both the materials. Many prefer fabric tops for it is quite easy to clean however they will overlook this factor that is fabric tops are not waterproof, so you will have to spray a special waterproofing protectants to shield them from water damage and put off them from leaking.
- Never use harsh chemicals like Bleach, ammonia, vinegar, alcohol, detergents and acids. Products that contain these ingredients can eat away the material of your convertible top, or leave it dried out, steamed up or tarnished. Make use of cleaning agents and protectants that are exclusively made for convertible tops.
- Do this periodically: rinse your soft top with water or mild soapy solution because this will put off dust buildup.
- Maintain the time period; clean the fabric or vinyl every six to eight weeks (for fabric) or every four to five weeks (for vinyl). Tag on the instructions on the bottle and make sure that you use a soft bristle brush rather than a rag or sponge. At all times clean the entire top rather than spot cleaning because this avoids partial discoloration.
- Once you are done with the cleaning process make sure that you dry it evenly and always let the protective agent dry completely between coats.
- On every occasion possible, if you find it possible make sure that you park your convertible in a covered garage, rather than leaving it outside where it will be open to to weather and dusty elements.
By following the tips that are aforementioned you can extend the lifetime and appearance of your soft top. Using perfect cleaners and protectants would help by all means.
Tops and seats are in the convertible top business over 30 years. Offering the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices our products are sure to stand out from others for its quality coupled with durability.